Did you ever wonder what your taste buds would think of with the mixture of chocolate and steak? This is the perfect Valentine’s Day meal. It has both chocolate and steak, which resembles a sign of love for Valentine’s Day. Both of these, chocolate and steak, are my absolute favorite food item to eat. The mixture of them sounds quite interesting but delicious, right? However, my family made Steak au Poivre once for our Valentine’s Day dinner and it was delicious! It was so unique, but had a sweet, bitter taste to it. Try this recipe for your special Valentine’s Day dinner! Follow the recipe below.
– 2 beef tenderloin steaks ( 5 ounces each)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
– 1 tablespoon of whole white or black peppercorns, crushed
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1 tablespoon of finely chopped shallot
– 1/4 cup of port wine
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup of condensed beef consommé
– 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary
– 1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1) Brush the steaks with 1 tablespoon of oil; sprinkle with peppercorn and salt.
2) In a small skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 2 teaspoons of oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Once they are done, remove and keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, sauté shallot in remaining oil until tender; Add wine and vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
4) Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5) Add beef consommé and rosemary. Bring to a boil again; add the chocolate, stirring until melted and sauce is thickened. Serve sauce with steaks!
6) Then enjoy the delicious meal of Steak au Poivre !
Happy Valentines Day!
Valentine’s Day is a day to show our love and affection towards each other or significant others. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays; however, the first word I think of when I hear Valentine’s Day is chocolate. The best present that someone could get me for Valentine’s Day besides roses, would be any kind of food related with chocolate. My family tradition for Valentine’s Day is a chocolate dessert. The Molten Lava Cake is the dessert my family makes for Valentine’s Day to express our sweet love to each other. The Molten Lava Cake is a great dessert for Valentine’s Day or even any time someone is willing to bake it. To create this delicious dessert, follow the recipe and instructions below.
– 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
– 1/3 cup of Confectioner’s sugar, plus more for ramekins and serving
– 2 ounces of semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
– 1 large egg
– 1 large egg yolk
– 1 teaspoon of espresso powder
– pinch of salt
– 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees; Butter two 6-ounce ramekins, then dust with sugar.
2) Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 20-second increments, stirring after each, until melted. Let cool slightly.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together egg, yolk, sugar, espresso powder, and salt. Add chocolate mixture; whisk to combine. Add flour, and whisk just until combined (do not over mix).
4) Then, pour batter into prepared ramekins (Recipe can made up ahead until this point).
5) Bake until a toothpick inserted 1/2 inch from the edge of ramekin comes out clean, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out wet.
6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (do not over bake ).
7) Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack; run a knife around the inside of the ramekins to loosen.
8) Invert cakes onto serving plates, dust with sugar and serve immediately.
Enjoy The Molten Lava Cake!