Time to celebrate the Fourth of July! Having a party or gathering with family or friends? Having a hard decision on what to serve? Here’s something new to try: Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs! Sound delicious, right? Besides having the old tradition of regular sauce, these ribs are served with a cherry-barbecue sauce. The sauce allows for the ribs to have a different flavor. Unfortunately, my family has not been privileged enough to try this yet, but for Fourth of July, I will definitely encourage my family to make this recipe. It not only looks delicious, but I am sure it taste delicious as well! If the Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs interest you, follow the recipe below!
– 4 pounds of bone-in-country-style pork ribs
– 1/2 cup of orange juice
– 2 teaspoons of Liquid Smoke, optional
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 2/3 cup of barbecue sauce
– 1/3 cup of cherry preserves
– 1 tablespoon of molasses
1) Place the ribs in a 3-quart. microwave-safe dish. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, Liquid Smoke if desired, garlic powder, and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
2) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, and molasses. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Drain the ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
4) Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Then enjoy the delicious Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs!
Happy Fourth of July!