Getting tired of the same old mashed or baked potatoes? Want to try something new for Christmas dinner? Here is a new, fun method that can spice up your experience with potatoes. Potato Casserole. This dish is extremely tasteful, creamy, and delicious. Always having this dish on Christmas Day is a family tradition for my house. I love the Potato Casserole dish so much that I always want to have it every day. This dish is especially good for leftovers as well. If you want to experience a new dish involving potatoes, follow the simple recipe below!
– 1 pound of frozen hash brown potatoes ( 4 1/2 cups)
– 2/3 cups ( 1/2 of 10 3/4 oz can) condensed cream of chicken soup
– 1 8oz container of sour cream
– 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp chedder cheese
– 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
– 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine, melted
– 3 cups of Rice Chex cereal- crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter in shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
2. In large bowl, break up potatoes (don’t need to thaw).
3. Continue with soup, sour cream, cheese, onion, salt and pepper .
4. Add to potatoes and mix thoroughly.
5. Mix the ingredients into the baking dish.
6. Combine butter and Chex crumbs until evenly coated. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
7. Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Makes 6-8 servings)
* 2 dishes usually double the recipe and bake in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish
Enjoy the Potato Casserole dish !!
Merry Christmas !!