Pumpkin Pie is a classic dessert for Thanksgiving. The taste is always delicious and creamy, but yet satisfying. It fills the stomach with the holiday season of Thanksgiving. Pumpkin Pie is always a tradition at my Thanksgiving dinner and should be a tradition for everyone else, starting off the holiday season with a classic dessert! Below is the Pumpkin Pie recipe that my family uses to make the best Pumpkin Pie ever!
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
– 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust (15 oz pkg.)
– 3/4 cup of sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
– 1 ( 12 oz) can ( 1 1/2 cups) of evaporated milk
– 2 eggs beaten
1) Heat oven to 425 degrees
2) Place pie crust in 9″ pie pan
3) In large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients of sugar, spice, salt and eggs.
– Beat in pumpkin and evaporated milk until smooth
4) Pour ingredients into the pan.
5) Bake for 15 minutes than reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
6) Allow the pie to bake for another 40 to 50 minutes.
7) Once it is done, allow to cool then place it in the refrigerator.
If pigs ever get cold, people usually wrap them up in a blanket of dough! Pigs in a blanket are usually are great appetizer but can be used for a Halloween Treat! These are considered a Halloween specialty and tradition in my household ever since we were little! Maybe this is the time for you to start making these pigs in a blanket! If so, here is the recipe below to follow that will be easy and simple with the accomplishment of incredible pigs in a blanket!!
To make this recipe you will need the following:
– 8 hot dogs
– 4 slices of American Cheese (each cut into 6 strips)
– 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of the ends
- insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit (making these without the cheese is possible too; just follow along the recipe avoiding the directions for the cheese)
- Separate dough into triangles
- Wrap dough triangles around each hot dog
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow them 5 minutes to cool off before eating 🙂