Struggling to find a delicious dessert for Fourth of July? Maybe it is time to have a healthy dessert. Try making Red, White, and Blue Parfaits! They sound delicious, don’t they? The parfaits consist of strawberries/raspberries, blueberries, and vanilla yogurt in the middle. This is a simple dessert to make, but fits in well with the theme of Fourth of July. If you want to end your search for a delicious dessert for Fourth of July, use this recipe! Follow the guidance and instructions below!
1 8 ounce carton of vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 8 ounce container of frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 3 cups of fresh raspberries and/or cut-up fresh strawberries
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, stir together yogurt and almond extract or vanilla. Fold in whipped topping.
- To serve, in six 12-ounce glasses or dessert dishes, alternate layers of the berries with layers of the yogurt mixture. Cover and chill for up to an hour. Makes 6 servings.
- Enjoy the end of your search with a delicious Red, White, and Blue Parfait!
Happy Fourth of July!
Mother’s Day is a great day to bake their favorite dessert! As long as the mothers do not need to do the baking or clean up the mess, they will love the dessert! On Mother’s Day, my sister, father, and I always bake her favorite cake, German Chocolate Cake. My mother absolutely loves German Chocolate Cake, so every year for Mother’s Day we bake the cake to show our love and appreciation for her. Even the little things like baking her favorite desserts, mothers will appreciate. Begin the tradition of providing the love and appreciation for Mother’s Day with their favorite dessert! Follow below for the recipe of the delicious, rich, and creamy German Chocolate Cake.
– 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa power
– 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda
– 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups of hot water
– 3 egg yolks
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of chopped pecans
– 1 1/3 cups of flaked coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a deep 14×17- inch baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
2) Sift sugar, flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Transfer to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment; whisk dry ingredients together on low.
3) Whisk milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix at low speed until well incorporated, about 5 minutes.
4) Gradually add hot water while the mixer is on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet.
5) Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 1 hour.
6) While the cake is cooling, mix together the ingredients for the frosting.
7) In a large saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla extract. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring until thick.
8) Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and coconut. Let it cool to room temperature before spreading on the cake. Then enjoy the delicious, creamy German Chocolate Cake!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Its’s almost as if The Great Pumpkin were alive! Orange. Crispy. Delicious. Ever have a pumpkin rice krispie treat before? If not, start the tradition now! I’ve had them every year since I was little and have always enjoyed them! They are an excellent treat for everyone but especially children! They are simple and sweet but decorative for Halloween! The recipe is easy and fun! If you want to accomplish the treat of pumpkin rice krispies, then follow along below !!
– 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
– 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows
– Orange food coloring
– 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
– Canned frosting (green)
– 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands, shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Then let them cook for 20 minutes.
4. Once they are cool, use the frosting on each for vines and attach a gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day! Bon Appetit!