Mother’s Day is a great day to bake their favorite dessert! As long as the mothers do not need to do the baking or clean up the mess, they will love the dessert! On Mother’s Day, my sister, father, and I always bake her favorite cake, German Chocolate Cake. My mother absolutely loves German Chocolate Cake, so every year for Mother’s Day we bake the cake to show our love and appreciation for her. Even the little things like baking her favorite desserts, mothers will appreciate. Begin the tradition of providing the love and appreciation for Mother’s Day with their favorite dessert! Follow below for the recipe of the delicious, rich, and creamy German Chocolate Cake.
– 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa power
– 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda
– 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups of hot water
– 3 egg yolks
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of chopped pecans
– 1 1/3 cups of flaked coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a deep 14×17- inch baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
2) Sift sugar, flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Transfer to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment; whisk dry ingredients together on low.
3) Whisk milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix at low speed until well incorporated, about 5 minutes.
4) Gradually add hot water while the mixer is on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet.
5) Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 1 hour.
6) While the cake is cooling, mix together the ingredients for the frosting.
7) In a large saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla extract. Cook over low heat, constantly stirring until thick.
8) Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and coconut. Let it cool to room temperature before spreading on the cake. Then enjoy the delicious, creamy German Chocolate Cake!
Happy Mother’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of fun, festivities, and food! It is commonly known for beer, corn beef and cabbage, and Irish Potatoes! My family tradition for St. Patrick’s Day is Irish Potatoes and Green Ice Cream Jello. I absolutely love Irish Potatoes and could eat a thousand in just one day. My other favorite dessert dish is the green ice cream jello my mother makes. It is very delicious and simple, bringing in the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. These two delicious desserts are very simple and easy to make. Start a new tradition for St. Patrick’s Day with Irish Potatoes and Green Ice Cream Jello. Follow the recipe below, if you want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
– 1/4 cup of softened butter
– 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened (use regular cream cheese, not whipped)
– 1 (16 ounce) package of confectioner’s sugar
– 7 ounces of sweetened flaked coconut ( 2 1/2 cups)
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese
2) Add vanilla and confectioner’s sugar
3) Beat until the mixture forms a bowl
4) Stir in coconut with a spoon
5) Roll the mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies
6) Place the cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the balls in it
7) Place the balls on a cookie sheet and let them chill for about 1 hour or until firm
8) Then, enjoy the delicious Irish Potatoes!
Green Ice Cream Jello:
– 2 packages of jello (green)
– 1 package of knox unflavored gelatin
– 4 cups of boiling water
– 1 quart of nonfat vanilla ice cream
1) Mix together both packages of jello, gelatin, and boiling water to dissolve.
2) Add 1 quart of vanilla ice cream; stir until dissolved.
3) Pour into 9 x 13 glass dish
4) Refrigerate over night, cut and serve! The ice cream will float to the top of the jello.
( The total time to prepare this dish is ten minutes, besides refrigerating over night)
5) Enjoy the exquisite Green Ice Cream Jello!