Mother’s day is a day about appreciation and love. It is a day to show our love in return for our mother’s with everything they do. My family tradition for celebrating Mother’s Day usually starts with making breakfast in bed for my mother. My sister and I always make her favorite breakfast, french toast with fruit, and coffee. Mothers always appreciate having breakfast in bed for change, especially when they do not need to make it. The recipe my sister and I use for the french toast is very delicious. If anyone wants to start a new tradition of making their mother breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day, follow the simple recipe below of French toast.
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of milk
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon of white sugar
– 12 thick slices of bread
– fresh, cut strawberries and blueberries
1) Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Then whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth.
2) Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
3) Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot!
4) Put the fresh strawberries and blueberries either on top or beside the french toast, then enjoy !
*Also, do not forget the coffee!*
Happy Mother’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of fun, festivities, and food! It is commonly known for beer, corn beef and cabbage, and Irish Potatoes! My family tradition for St. Patrick’s Day is Irish Potatoes and Green Ice Cream Jello. I absolutely love Irish Potatoes and could eat a thousand in just one day. My other favorite dessert dish is the green ice cream jello my mother makes. It is very delicious and simple, bringing in the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. These two delicious desserts are very simple and easy to make. Start a new tradition for St. Patrick’s Day with Irish Potatoes and Green Ice Cream Jello. Follow the recipe below, if you want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
– 1/4 cup of softened butter
– 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened (use regular cream cheese, not whipped)
– 1 (16 ounce) package of confectioner’s sugar
– 7 ounces of sweetened flaked coconut ( 2 1/2 cups)
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese
2) Add vanilla and confectioner’s sugar
3) Beat until the mixture forms a bowl
4) Stir in coconut with a spoon
5) Roll the mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies
6) Place the cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the balls in it
7) Place the balls on a cookie sheet and let them chill for about 1 hour or until firm
8) Then, enjoy the delicious Irish Potatoes!
Green Ice Cream Jello:
– 2 packages of jello (green)
– 1 package of knox unflavored gelatin
– 4 cups of boiling water
– 1 quart of nonfat vanilla ice cream
1) Mix together both packages of jello, gelatin, and boiling water to dissolve.
2) Add 1 quart of vanilla ice cream; stir until dissolved.
3) Pour into 9 x 13 glass dish
4) Refrigerate over night, cut and serve! The ice cream will float to the top of the jello.
( The total time to prepare this dish is ten minutes, besides refrigerating over night)
5) Enjoy the exquisite Green Ice Cream Jello!