Did you ever wonder what your taste buds would think of with the mixture of chocolate and steak? This is the perfect Valentine’s Day meal. It has both chocolate and steak, which resembles a sign of love for Valentine’s Day. Both of these, chocolate and steak, are my absolute favorite food item to eat. The mixture of them sounds quite interesting but delicious, right? However, my family made Steak au Poivre once for our Valentine’s Day dinner and it was delicious! It was so unique, but had a sweet, bitter taste to it. Try this recipe for your special Valentine’s Day dinner! Follow the recipe below.
– 2 beef tenderloin steaks ( 5 ounces each)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
– 1 tablespoon of whole white or black peppercorns, crushed
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1 tablespoon of finely chopped shallot
– 1/4 cup of port wine
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup of condensed beef consommé
– 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary
– 1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1) Brush the steaks with 1 tablespoon of oil; sprinkle with peppercorn and salt.
2) In a small skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 2 teaspoons of oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Once they are done, remove and keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, sauté shallot in remaining oil until tender; Add wine and vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
4) Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5) Add beef consommé and rosemary. Bring to a boil again; add the chocolate, stirring until melted and sauce is thickened. Serve sauce with steaks!
6) Then enjoy the delicious meal of Steak au Poivre !
Happy Valentines Day!