Its’s almost as if The Great Pumpkin were alive! Orange. Crispy. Delicious. Ever have a pumpkin rice krispie treat before? If not, start the tradition now! I’ve had them every year since I was little and have always enjoyed them! They are an excellent treat for everyone but especially children! They are simple and sweet but decorative for Halloween! The recipe is easy and fun! If you want to accomplish the treat of pumpkin rice krispies, then follow along below !!
– 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
– 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows
– Orange food coloring
– 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
– Canned frosting (green)
– 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands, shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Then let them cook for 20 minutes.
4. Once they are cool, use the frosting on each for vines and attach a gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day! Bon Appetit!
If pigs ever get cold, people usually wrap them up in a blanket of dough! Pigs in a blanket are usually are great appetizer but can be used for a Halloween Treat! These are considered a Halloween specialty and tradition in my household ever since we were little! Maybe this is the time for you to start making these pigs in a blanket! If so, here is the recipe below to follow that will be easy and simple with the accomplishment of incredible pigs in a blanket!!
To make this recipe you will need the following:
– 8 hot dogs
– 4 slices of American Cheese (each cut into 6 strips)
– 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of the ends
- insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit (making these without the cheese is possible too; just follow along the recipe avoiding the directions for the cheese)
- Separate dough into triangles
- Wrap dough triangles around each hot dog
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow them 5 minutes to cool off before eating 🙂