Mother’s day is a day about appreciation and love. It is a day to show our love in return for our mother’s with everything they do. My family tradition for celebrating Mother’s Day usually starts with making breakfast in bed for my mother. My sister and I always make her favorite breakfast, french toast with fruit, and coffee. Mothers always appreciate having breakfast in bed for change, especially when they do not need to make it. The recipe my sister and I use for the french toast is very delicious. If anyone wants to start a new tradition of making their mother breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day, follow the simple recipe below of French toast.
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of milk
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon of white sugar
– 12 thick slices of bread
– fresh, cut strawberries and blueberries
1) Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Then whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth.
2) Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
3) Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot!
4) Put the fresh strawberries and blueberries either on top or beside the french toast, then enjoy !
*Also, do not forget the coffee!*
Happy Mother’s Day