Its’s almost as if The Great Pumpkin were alive! Orange. Crispy. Delicious. Ever have a pumpkin rice krispie treat before? If not, start the tradition now! I’ve had them every year since I was little and have always enjoyed them! They are an excellent treat for everyone but especially children! They are simple and sweet but decorative for Halloween! The recipe is easy and fun! If you want to accomplish the treat of pumpkin rice krispies, then follow along below !!
– 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
– 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows
– Orange food coloring
– 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
– Canned frosting (green)
– 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands, shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Then let them cook for 20 minutes.
4. Once they are cool, use the frosting on each for vines and attach a gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day! Bon Appetit!